FreeTube is an Open Source desktop application for Windows / Mac / Linux. It allows you to browse YouTube more privately compared to browsing on the site directly. Any data about you is stored locally on your own machine and is not sent or published to the internet. You can subscribe to your favorite channels and navigate the application in a similar manner to you would on YouTube.
FreeTube does not use the official YouTube API. Instead, it parses the information it needs from the YouTube website in a similar manner to youtube-dl. FreeTube has two different API engines that it can use to obtain information from YouTube. FreeTube has a built-in extractor (Dubbed the Local API) or it can use the API from the Invidious Project.
- Watch videos without ads
- Two extractor APIs to choose from (Built in or Invidious)
- Subscribe to channels without an account
- Local subscriptions, history, and saved videos
- Organize your subscriptions into “Profiles” to create a more focused feed
- Export & import subscriptions
- Open videos from your browser directly into FreeTube (with extension)
- Mini Player
- Full Theme support